I am currently a Lecturer in Initial Teacher Education at the University of Derby. Prior to this, I have held positions as a Lecturer in ITE, an Advanced Practitioner, a Teaching and Learning Coach, Programme Manager and Lecturer in Sport across three General Further Education Colleges in the Midlands.
I am also a Board Member and Trustee for the Education and Training Foundation, with an additional responsibility for Chairing the Society for Education and Training Management Board.
The more I know about education, the more I realise that I don’t know. I have come to realise the importance of remaining open minded and thinking critically about the ideologies that exist in education. I tend to question everything, not because I am negative, but because I am in search of truth. You’ll see this throughout my blog posts. If you think what I say is wrong, then please show me conflicting evidence. I change my mind a lot, so am open to seeing things from a different perspective.
Some of my credentials include:
- Fellowship of the Society for Education and Training
- Honorary member of City and Guilds
- Google Certified Teacher
- MSc Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy (Loughborough University)
- PCGE Post Compulsory Education (University of Greenwich)
- Nominated as one of Further Educations top 50 social media users to follow #jisc50social
- #UKFEChat member and proud contributor to 3 FE Guides
- Chapter author in Don’t change the light bulbs
I am always looking to connect, share my ideas and acquire new ideas, so please get in touch and let’s help one another develop.